Prior to starting the Baltazar Group, Nate Smith had a successful eight-year career playing professional golf. A former All-American at Duke University, Nate has competed on the PGA Tour, the European PGA Tour and the Web.com Tour. Nate has played tournaments in over 30 countries around the globe, and is a past champion of the prestigious Azalea Amateur in Charleston, SC. Most recently, Nate completed his MBA at The College of Charleston.
Originally from Northern California, Nate visited Charleston regularly while he was completing his undergraduate education at Duke University. After returning to Charleston time and time again over the next few years he eventually decided to make Charleston his permanent home. Nate loves Charleston for its quality of life, access to exceptional fishing and golf, the beach, the culinary and arts scene, and the southern hospitality.
- Founder and CEO- NJDS, LLC and Nathan Smith Enterprises (S-Corp)
- Brand ambassador for Mutual of Omaha, Titleist, and Callaway Golf
- Contributing journalist for Golfweek Magazine regarding rookie life on the PGA Tour
- Founder and Co-Organizer of Family Golf Day at Daniel Island Club
- Board of Advisors at Four.Golf
College of Charleston, School of Business, MBA 2015
Duke University, BA 2006